Monday, September 17, 2007

Moustache Diary, Entry #1

My hesitations to begin this little project definitely outnumber any list of motivations I have, but this seems to be a bigger and bigger problem for me — not feeling like doing things. I'd like that feeling to go away.

That said, it's a tiny step, and as I mentioned, not one I'm too psyched on. But it's become nothing more than battle with myself — a civil war that both sides are losing.

Every time I tell the mirror, "I should just leave my moustache alone," I still never make it out of the bathroom with the thing in tact. I don't even want a moustache. I hate them. But my battle with my upper lip has become emblematic of my reluctance to step up to new challenges and new mistakes. And that reluctance is getting me nowhere but nowhere.

I'm giving my ’stache four weeks to establish itself. After that I may ask for outside assistance in keeping it going, but for now it's all about getting to the next few Mondays.

9 comments:

cvo said...

good luck, the force will be with you...

I think i'm done shaving for a while myself.

ortiz said...

I think everybody should do this and we can change the Beer ride to The Mustache Ride...

Anonymous said...

Don't do it.

mw said...

i got an idea.
take a picture of your stash...when you have one!

ha!

Anonymous said...

The easiest way to grow a mustachio is to stop shaving entirely. Then after a week shave everything but your upper lip. . . ta dum. . . a mustache.

rfresh said...

haha! awesome
I don't have to too presentable for another 4 weeks I don't believe. Maybe we should have a brother stash battle. Kindof like a support group for doing things. Doing things is good. Not doing things and thinking about all the stuff you could be doing is bad.

nic said...

you totally did it!.. Only it's supposed to go above your lip, not under, you silly goose!

do over!

scott showen said...

it looks gay already....

Anonymous said...

I understadn where you're coming from, Kev. 100% backing your stache.