Saturday, November 01, 2008

TransIowa v.5 registration will open soon...


It's time for TransIowa v.5 registration... Well, almost. Guitar Ted has announced the details of registration for the 2009 event, which is limited to the first 75 entrants, and prior competitors have the first shot at entry slots, so if you want to get in, you've gotta' be on the stick.

TransIowa is the grandaddy of Midwest gravel grinders. The one time I tried it, last year, I failed to make it past the first checkpoint. It's a massive test of endurance, fitness, preparation and persistence. It's not to be taken lightly and if I know one thing about TransIowa, it's that luck is as much a factor in my ability to finish the race as anything I can do to prepare for the race -- it's just that heinous of a race. That's why I must have another shot at it in 2009.

How about you? Are you ready for the challenge of TransIowa? If so, click here and I'll see you there.

3 comments:

mw said...

we should get a room lined up soon after sucessful registration!

MG said...

yep. true.

Sam McGuire said...

There is a really cool restaurant about 5 miles down the interstate from Williamsburg, exit 225 (I only know that cause it's my stomping grounds)--you guys should check out for sure, it's Amana style eating, it's all you can eat like a buffet but they make it for you fresh every time around so it's not all soggy, old and under sneeze guards.

Oh, and, P.S. Iowa rules.