Monday, July 28, 2008

Safe and sound.

I know, I know; none of you have been sleeping very well for the past decade not knowing what happened to the soundtrack of Deluxe Bicycles.
After a fish fry dinner and a couple of cocktails near a polka lounge. I was inspired to exhume some of the old tapes when Carrie and I got home to rock some Herman the German and Das Cowboy. I think the best part of this tape is that it has been played so many times that his Gretsch is sounding extra Gretschy these days.
The past couple of days have been listening to a lot of the stuff from the shop that I absconded with like soldiers in the closing days of a war. Oh, the classics; Herman on K-U-T Austin, first "pressings" of "Fresh Fruit" and kvell of the crowd from Bad Brains yellow self-titled debut; the infamous "Blank Tape", then their is the requisite Uprisings b/w the Rockers soundtrack and various Black Flags. One tape that I had for a long time, but I ended up giving back to Spuk was of Will Saws, Charlie ???, and friends kicking out the jams and some commentary that was, to say the least, a bit hazy. That would be a good one to listen to again. I wonder where it ended up....

No comments: