Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Driftless: Stories from Iowa



Danny Wilcox Frazier put out a book on photographs he took documenting my stomping grounds of Iowa. He did an amazing job on the book and one of my good friends Chris helped him out with this documentary about the book. I got to see him speak about it when it came out and it was very inspiring. I grew up on a farm, and not that I ever really did too much farm work, it still holds a place in my heart. I think the video's paint a pretty good picture of Iowa,a complicatedly simple life. It's funny, when your younger and all there is to do is play in the field, go fishing, swimming and maybe steal your parents beer, you can't wait to leave. Then as you get older all you want to do is go back to that field to play, fish, and drink some more beer. Either way, watch the videos, they are rather inspiring. (click image above to go to page with videos)

No comments: