Wednesday, August 22, 2007

paranoid android.

I realize that this may come across as grim, conspiracy theorist, crazy talk. But I was recently informed that the U.S. Joint Forces Command is currently performing an emergency management exercise here in Portland, epically titled "Noble Resolve". And this is freaking some people out. Maybe for good reason?

Haven't any U.S. officials seen the cinematic gem Wargames (starring the youthful and captivating Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy)? I mean, Christ. It's one of AFI's top 100 sci-fi movies of all time! Did that film teach us nothing?

Jokes aside, I actual felt slightly threatened upon gathering this information. Maybe I'm crazy! I have no fully formed opinions, but I do have a lot of questions and an open mind. I'm trying not to think about it too hard, but it has made me uncomfortable enough that I thought I should at least mention the matter in the blogosphere.

If this all leaves you feeling a bit too heavy, icky and full of doom and gloom on a beautiful Wednesday afternoon, might I suggest watching the following videos? I find that kitties, Michael Cera, and nonsensical rap performances are all quite spirit lifting if the need should arise!



1 comment:

rfresh said...

shit