Friday, January 27, 2006

Enough about me; what do you think about me?

Putting this out there is kind of like asking my family about a drawing I've done or a how I look in a suit.
"Great, honey. Just great."
But It's also an attempt to kick my own pants.
Over the course of the last five years I've written an almost monthly essay, or rant, or extended idea under one of two titles - Toner (for the magazine I used to work for) and Timbre (for the magazine I currently work on). Every single one of the pieces has something to do with skateboarding, but as many of you know, skateboarding can illuminate millions of other dimly lit subjects.
Anyway, I was thinking of trying to get the essays (there are like fifty of them) printed again in chapbook or paperback form. I might even have some friends who could do some illustrations.
They're not skull crushing or mind blowing by any stretch of the imagination, but they're readable. And I was thinking about incuding sort of liner notes or commentary on each one. Maybe. I guess I don't even know if that would work; it's been so long since I've read the first ones.
Huh?
Any thoughts?

7 comments:

cvo said...

dude, i'd read them,

rfresh said...

Shit Kev,

I've often thought that if you put together any collection/retrospective of any portion of your work it would be fucking rad. I'd really like to help if i can.

In other words. You're voice is not only sharp, introspective, original, hilarious, smart, viable and talented. It is a highly important one.

Extend. Do it.

Anonymous said...

My friend Mary just did this with her newspaper columns - doing fairly well - success really dependent on publisher and distributor --- MOM

highdesertsultan said...

you may as well, you ain't got shit else to do. JK (just kidding) i would like to contributr visually if possible

John Lefler, Jr. said...

What's an essay? Kidding. Sounds very cool, Kev. I look forward to reading...it.

nic said...

i also think it would be an amazing experience to read.

i got time for helping if everyone else backs out.

"ywgdqgx"

11:11 said...

I love you more than cheese